Monday, December 12, 2022

The Santa Project : Holiday Soda Variants



It's become almost ridiculous the availability of different soda variants that exist, and it is compounded if you take a gander at the ones you see online that don't even make it to your region.

But I'm a seasonal guy, and I'm down with that methodology.  Being a fanatic for Halloween for example, I've enjoyed how Mountain Dew has released an annual "Voo Dew" flavor for the last 4 years.  It's always a mystery flavor, and if you're a kid at heart like me, you just find shit like that to be fun.  Even if it's not necessarily tasty.  (It usually is).



But PepsiCo breaks my heart every year.  In 2004 and '06 they released a really seasonal-attached variety called Pepsi Holiday Spice.  Its flavor fit its name.  It tasted really good, and I can actually imagine drinking it warm.  The company has been stubborn in its refusal to re-issue it as:

     1.  There is a large annual online outcry among soda geeks for it to be brought back.  Observe.

     2.  They don't seem to have an issue releasing bizarre flavors left and right otherwise.  Ones that don't seem to have functional ties to much of anything at all.

Just like Voo-Dew, I can see Holiday Spice getting a limited release just as November rolls around without causing anybody any trouble.  But the last I've read, they've no plans to bring it back. 

So, you'd think Coca-Cola, the kings of the Santa Claus bottles and cans, may take a shot at something similar? 

Nah.  They're too busy with Coca-Cola Starlight and Dreamworld.  I mean what do those taste like. 

Wait a minute!!  I just spotted Coca-Cola Cinnamon!!!

Head's up, Aisle 9! get the hell outta my way!!!

No comments: