Friday, March 12, 2010

ACHES AND DRAINS

My jaw is killing me from clenching my teeth all day. 

I don't even realize that I'm doing it, until I'm safely in the womb of my car surrounded by the amniotic fluid of Replacements, Nirvana, Norah Jones, or Big Star. 

Once I relax, the ache sets in. Feels like I was popped in the side of the head. My feet are killing me from repeatedly kicking myself in the ass. Come to think of it, they hurt from continuously shooting myself in them, too. There's blood everywhere. I can see the floor through the holes. The car door creaks when I open it as I get out to go to work. Come to think of it, my knees creak too, my shoulder pops. My toes crack as the pressure of walking exerts it's force downward onto my feet. 

 I haven't recovered from yesterday yet. My ears rush, the sound of blood as well as the static side effect of my anti-depressants. It's all a lot of minor bullshit that adds up to an intense desire to get home. That's really what my one and only goal is in this day and age, this fog-bank ridden state of mind I'm in...... Home. Stronger than any prescription... Home.

No comments: